Based on proven and mature open source technologies, NodeWeaver runs on any x86 platform - from small single core desktop processor-based white box systems all the way up to very large multi-processor high end server solutions. In many cases, customers can re-purpose existing hardware and avoid additional cost. NodeWeaver users get complete flexibility and freedom of choice and avoid being anchored to a proprietary appliance, minimizing both cost and risk.
NodeWeaver is a flexible solution that is quick to deploy and easy to manage and maintain. Easily create, manage, and deploy VM’s, network, and storage through an intuitive interface. Rapidly deploy entire multi-tier applications and enable anyone on the IT team to manage the environment and make infrastructure changes in minutes. No more silos of proprietary technology or specialized skillsets required. Creating and managing VM's, running virtual desktops, supporting branch/remote offices, or building private clouds/cloudlets/edge datacenters, NodeWeaver delivers simplicity and reliability.
NodeWeaver is designed with reliability and high availability features throughout the software solution. It is built on the same technologies that are used as the basis for most public cloud environments; environments which have been in production and successfully serve millions of workloads inside major datacenters across the globe. NodeWeaver integrates all this technology with an intuitive portal and at a price point which makes it attainable for everyone.
Distributed Storage: When a read or write operation is requested by a virtual machine, that operation is striped across the nodes; every node added provides both storage capacity and storage performance to the overall environment. The distributed nature/shared nothing design ensures that a failed hard drive, a failed controller or even entire node failures will not result in loss of data.
- Linear Scaling: when additional nodes get added to the cluster, performance and capacity scale linearly and workloads are automatically rebalanced across the entire cluster.
- “Shared Nothing” design: Any component in the architecture can fail without causing data loss and, in most cases, without causing any downtime to the virtual machines running on the environment. If a hard drive fails, the blocks that resided on that drive are redistributed to the remaining systems. If an entire node fails, all of the storage on that system be redistributed and the virtual machines will be automatically restarted on the remaining nodes.
- Self-healing: If components in the cluster fail, the software automatically steps in to rebalance and shift workloads to the remaining nodes. All components of the NodeWeaver design are inherently highly available, providing for a level of data resiliency and system uptime that up until now has only been available to companies willing to invest in expensive and complex proprietary solutions.
Lowest TCO and Fastest Time to Value
NodeWeaver delivers the lowest TCO and fastest Time to Value in the industry by focusing on cost savings, cost avoidance, and no-nonsense pricing.
- Cost Savings: By leveraging existing, stable, and mature open source technologies and investing in integrating them, significant development cost savings have been achieved, which are passed along to customers.
- Cost Avoidance: Two of the largest single costs for many IT organizations today are hypervisor licenses and shared (SAN/NAS) storage. NodeWeaver provides a built in, industry standard hypervisor with every license and also completely eliminates the need for shared storage; dramatically reducing the overall cost associated with an enterprise class highly redundant environment.
- No-nonsense pricing: Unlike many competitors, the NodeWeaver pricing model is simple and straightforward. It doesn’t matter how many users or how much storage, CPU, or RAM you want to use. Purchase one (1) NodeWeaver license for each node (physical server) in the cluster. You can start with 2 nodes and grow from there, even adding nodes with different configurations based on business needs at the time of purchase. The choice of hardware is completely up to you or we can help you select the most cost effective hardware based on your particular needs.
Virtual machines are simple to deploy and manage:
- Based on KVM, the global standard open hypervisor.
- Easily and non-disruptively live move virtual machines between physical servers.
- Autonomic load balancing across servers in the cluster that analyzes the performance characteristics of each server in the cluster and balances accordingly, even across dissimilar hardware.
- VM planning based on end-user experience, to optimally place VM for VDI and Desktop-as-a-Service
- Network contextualization automatically configures networking when you create new virtual machines.
- Complete orchestration of compute resources, hypervisor, storage and networking.
High performance software-defined storage system:
- Advanced shared storage features without expensive proprietary hardware.
- Scale-out distributed file system lets you grow capacity as your needs grow by simply adding new storage drives or servers.
- Scalable up to 16 exabytes and over 500 million files.
- SSD caching and acceleration automatically services read and write data on the fastest available drives; providing SSD performance with HDD capacity for less frequently accessed data.
- Autonomic storage tiering analyzes storage performance across the cluster and moves data to the optimal location.
- Efficient redirect-on-write snapshots. Snapshots are pointer-based, instantaneous, and can be coordinated to quiesce enterprise applications.
- Zero-space clones and space-efficient writeable clones.
- Thin provisioning.
Full-featured software-defined networking:
- Network contextualization.
- Virtual routers.
- Up to 8 GbE or 10 GbE connections per physical host.
Backup, Replication and High Availability Features:
- Integrated snapshot-based backups included.
- File-level restores.
- Integrated remote data replication.
- Metro-cluster support.
- Node-by-Node upgrades without cluster shutdown.
- API support.
- Built-in workflow automation engine supports automatic VM deployments, disaster recovery automation, and more…